If you want to deliver the new product cost-effectively to the market, you have to do it quickly. It is achieved by shortening the design process. A prototype is absolutely essential. While in conventional prototyping it takes weeks or even months to complete the entire product. But in the case of rapid prototyping, it can do the work more quickly and cost-effectively. Additionally, rapid prototyping is capable of making parts with very small internal cavity and complex geometries. It gives the possibility to see the real product in an early stage of the process of bringing a new product to the market.
Why rapid prototyping is important?
* It reduces the development time.
* It reduces the development costs.
* It requires user involvement.
* It produces the results in higher user satisfaction.
* It helps the developers to receive the quantifiable user feedback.
* It makes the system implementation easier since users know what to expect.
* It exposes developers to potential future system enhancements. Because prototypes increase the quality and amount of communication between the developer/analyst and the end user in an inherent manner.
Rapid prototyping is a highly automated process that enables designers to quickly modify products so it gives more opportunity to bring new products to the market quickly, ahead of competitors. The easier visualization is achieved by 3D scale model helps designers present new product concepts to stakeholders, such as clients or investors, board members who need to understand and approve the development program.