Rapid prototyping techniques consists of different processes include 3D printing, CNC machining, vacuum casting, rapid tooling and molding. They suitable for low volume manufacturing, but they will cost differently for same part. We are going to talk about our considerations to help you find our way through their specifications and to make a best choice to develop your products.
Actually, when you come to choose the right rapid prototyping process, there are several questions you need to ask yourself.
1. How good are you expecting for this prototype? The prototype is just for functional, or it needed to be presented to the end customers and need high quality cosmetic?
2. Fidelity to the final product is also an important consideration. Do you need this prototype look and feel exactly like the object is going to be sold in market.
3. It is essential to think about the complexity of the part. For a highly-complex object, high-precise rapid prototyping technology is needed.
4. Do you need the prototype has specific material properties? Such as flexible, durable or even made of robust metal? This will be absolutely bears on your rapid prototyping technology selection.
5. How many parts do you need? Some processes are only cost effective when having a small number of parts.
6. Finally but not least, you need to take budget and lead-time into top considerations.
TEAM Rapid specializes in Rapid Prototyping and low volume manufacturing. We can help you decide the best prototyping method to achieve premium quality parts at the lowest cost and shortest lead-time possible. Please feel free to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.